headerphoto

UPCOMING EVENTS

  • BOB SMILEY COMEDY SHOW - SATURDAY, AUGUST 1 - Get tickets at the Prodigal office, Monte Vista Chapel, New Life Christian Center, or the Bible Book Store
  • GET READY - The 2009 Prodigal Golf Tournament will be here before you know it. It will be held on October 9 at Stevenson Ranch Golf Course. This is an event you won't want to miss! Call the office today to register as an individual golfer. Gather some friends together and register for a foursome.
  • Become a corporate sponsor in a variety of forms:
  • Fleet Sponsorship: signage on every golf cart
  • Meal Sponsorship: Your banner at the meal!
  • Gold Sponsorship: Your business name on four holes!
  • Hole Sponsorship: Sponsor a single hole!

Honest Confession

Have you ever experienced the healing power of confession? I (Zac) remember the first year after I gave my life to Christ--remaining abstinent from drugs and alcohol was extremely difficult. There were times when I stumbled and relapsed. After each event, I felt deep, intense shame and isolation--all I wanted to do was hide. But each time I would return to Prodigal Sons & Daughters and bear my soul; every time Ken, our director, along with the other Prodigals welcomed me back with open arms and gracious hearts. What I experienced was, on a human level, the kind of unconditional love God extends toward us.

These experiences taught me that confession (Step 5 of the 12-steps of Alcoholics Anonymous) is an important part of healing. So if you're tired of trying to alleviate your guilty conscience by rationalizing, minimizing, or ignoring your sinful behavior, try the healing power of honest confession.

0 comments:

Post a Comment